Philippine Airlines - I only sat on 75% of my seat - Philippines Airlines don't want to know

3 of 61 Philippine Airlines reviews

I had a 12 hour flight from London to Manila.Seated next to me was a morbidly obese man who overflowed over the arm rest into my seat.

I ended up squished against his body and having to sit on my side with my legs under my arm rest (I had the window seat) - for 12 hours. I have claustrophobia and spent the whole flight fighting waves of anxiety. There was no inflight entertainment and when I asked the steward if I could move he said it wasn't possible.

On complaining to Philippines Airlines they towed the normal corporate rhetoric saying:

" I closely reviewed the circumstances of your letter with a view of addressing your concern.In this regard, please allow me to explain that seats are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and the passenger to be seated beside you is beyond the airline’s control"

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Level of Comfort

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • No solution given on board
    • Poor service
    • Bad policy for customer discomfort
    • No inflight entertainment

Philippine Airlines Flight
Review category
Transport
review #917651 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Philippine Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 61 Philippine Airlines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 19 #1215147 Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States

As someone who is obese myself, I would agree with the previous comment. When I fly, I purchase two seats. There is no reason for myself or the person sitting near me to be uncomfortable. Since I am the person who is obese, it is my responsibility to get that extra ticket. I would definitely fight it.

4 0 Reply

Sep 13 #1212299

What IS under their control is charging obese passengers, who cannot fit into one seat, for two seats. THAT is under their control. I would fight this. I would not let it go. They are so much in the wrong.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Philippine Airlines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Philippine Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
×