Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I had a 12 hour flight from London to Manila.Seated next to me was a morbidly obese man who overflowed over the arm rest into my seat.

I ended up squished against his body and having to sit on my side with my legs under my arm rest (I had the window seat) - for 12 hours. I have claustrophobia and spent the whole flight fighting waves of anxiety. There was no inflight entertainment and when I asked the steward if I could move he said it wasn't possible.

On complaining to Philippines Airlines they towed the normal corporate rhetoric saying:

" I closely reviewed the circumstances of your letter with a view of addressing your concern.In this regard, please allow me to explain that seats are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and the passenger to be seated beside you is beyond the airline’s control"

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of no solution given on board and poor service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of philippine airlines flight 721 and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Philippine Airlines needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned philippine airlines flight 721 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Philippine Airlines.

Had an Experience with Philippine Airlines?

Comments

East Troy, Wisconsin, United States #1277381

I'd rather sit next to a fluffy, overweight man than an ignorant selfie-taking witch. Seriously, you can turn in your seat without his arms hitting your back but you can't sit forward comfortably. *** poor excuse for "anxiety" more like discriminatory towards heavy people and looking for a freebie.

kab820kfb
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States #1215696

Sounds like a total nightmare! That is a fear of mine as I fly quite a bit. You should be given a complimentary ticket for enduring that!

unfairhiringprastices
to kab820kfb Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1216065

Why should she, they cannot deny someone a flight just because of their weight, and they cannot ask someone to change seats with her because she thinks she is some sort of princess.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1215147

As someone who is obese myself, I would agree with the previous comment.When I fly, I purchase two seats.

There is no reason for myself or the person sitting near me to be uncomfortable.

Since I am the person who is obese, it is my responsibility to get that extra ticket.I would definitely fight it.

unfairhiringprastices
to Anonymous Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1216066

Funny how all three of you have the same IP address even though you choose to display different locations.

What IS under their control is charging obese passengers, who cannot fit into one seat, for two seats.THAT is under their control.

I would fight this.

I would not let it go.They are so much in the wrong.