Long story short, my companion and I lost over $1200 in valuables which has not been reimbursed.

We booked a flight from Korea to Canada with a connecting flight. The first flight was delayed and upon check in we were told that we would have a high chance of losing our luggage if we checked our bags (they wouldn't have time to unload and load onto connecting flight). We were advised to get rid of liquids and other items to meet the carry on restrictions or we could take the chance of checking the bags. The rest of our luggages were worth more than what we would have to throw away so we decided to get rid of our valuables costing us about $1200. It was extremely upsetting but we didn't want to take the chance of losing everything.

On the flight, the flight crew manager personally came over and told us that she would escort us to the transfer gate as soon as we land. When we landed, we were rushed to get off the plane but ended up waiting on the transfer bus for it to fill up. When we got to the transfer desk, we were told that the connecting flight had left. We were so shocked that we didn't know how to react. We had thrown away about $1200 worth of valuables for NOTHING. We wasted another full day to get on a flight the next evening.

As soon as we returned, I contacted the customer service center to discuss the issue. It took over 6 weeks for them to reply to my numerous emails and facebook chat requests to respond. They passed the blame to myself and the air traffic clearance and insulted me with a very small offer of bonus miles (barely enough for a supersaver fare for one person).

I have tried every possible way of communication to reach out to the airline but they continue to ignore me. Calls to the customer service center were way too frustrating as they would transfer me multiple times, put me on hold, hang up on me and would continue passing me onto someone else to deal with. In the last 2 months, I have received 3 emails from the airline passing the blame and insulting me with their offer. This is still an ongoing issue and this level of customer services is absolutely appalling.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of philippine airlines flight from Philippine Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1200 and wants Philippine Airlines to "reimbursement for at least half of my loss".

The most disappointing in user's experience was ignore requests for help, no communication between departments, poor and incompetent employees and no intent to resolve case. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Philippine Airlines for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Philippine Airlines?

Comments